Friday 6 September 2013

The Extended Office

It seems in these hard economic times our employers want more and more out of us so that they don't have to employ more people. I often see people working on the train, either on laptops or with notebooks out furiously scribbling away.





Indeed I am often guilty of this too. I regularly sort out my emails or finish off a document I'm working on the train. And why not? It's dead time anyway. I have a 40 minute journey each way. Outlook is always telling me my mailbox is almost full so I have over an hour of uninterrupted filing time. But should I do this day in, day out? I already do my contracted 37.5 hours in the office, there just isn't enough hours in the week to get everything I'm supposed to be doing done!


I wonder if all these other 'Train Workers' feel the same? Some probably enjoy it, uninterrupted time to release the stress a bit, some may claim the time back, finishing early or getting overtime. I guess some people are just workaholics.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment